New mesh plotter capabilities

This category replaces the missing input manual

Re: New mesh plotter capabilities

Postby Ville Valtavirta » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi,

have you used python previously?

Your error doesn't sound like a python-error.

Postby Vincenzo Romanello » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:45 pm

No, I never used python - but I just tried to follow instructions...

Would it be possible to explain the procedure step by step in a proper wiki page? It would help a lot...

Thanks,

Vincenzo
Vincenzo Romanello

Postby Ville Valtavirta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 am

I don't think we will be writing much of an user guide for third party tools. You can probably contact the developers of the serpent-tools package for more information if the documentation of the package is not enough.

Another option would be to stick with OCTAVE/MATLAB if you are more familiar with those tools.

I would imagine the serpent-tools python module will require some familiarity with Python in the first place just to be able to understand all the basics.

Postby Vincenzo Romanello » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 am

I am much more familiar with Octave, and in fact I tried to represent the flux map, but with indeed modest results.

Would you consider to share a simple octave script - if you have it - which can plot the outcome of detectors and/or maps?

Doing it with MCNP is straightforward, while in Serpent this feature is really missing a lot... Of course, pictures produced by the code but without a reliable legend and values scales is more or less useless in my opinion - and that's indeed a pity, because I am experiencing that Serpent, especially for some particular geometries, is much more efficient than other codes.

Vincenzo
Vincenzo Romanello

Postby Ville Valtavirta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Ville Valtavirta

Previous

Return to Input