How can I output the cumulative fission source?

Questions, comments and complaints about the User's Manual

How can I output the cumulative fission source?

Postby hua » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:47 am

Hi. I want to the study the influence of the batch size to the bias in the fission source. So I want to output some kind of parameter like cumulative fission source or something else, then calculate its error to study the the influence of the batch size to the bias in the fission source.
But I search on the manual, I only found fission source entropy which dipicts the convergence of the fission source which is not what I want. Also, I have found some papers focousing on this area.(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 4914002175)
But I don't know how they get the cumulative fission source from Serpent.
I' m confused
hua

Re: How can I output the cumulative fission source?

Postby Jaakko Leppänen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:40 pm

The easiest way is probably to add the printing in the Serpent 2 source code. In normalizecritsrc.c there is a loop over source particles starting from line 325. You can add the appropriate print statements after the if-statement on line 329. For example, the coordinates can be printed with:

Code: Select all
printf("%E %E %E\n", RDB[ptr + PARTICLE_X], RDB[ptr + PARTICLE_Y], RDB[ptr + PARTICLE_Z]);

similar print-stantement can be used for direction cosines (PARTICLE_U, PARTICLE_V, PARTICLE_W), energy (PARTICLE_E), statistical weight (PARTICLE_WGT) and time (PARTICLE_T).
- Jaakko
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin

Return to Manual