Option to turn off boundary surfaces plotting

New ideas for code development

Option to turn off boundary surfaces plotting

Postby Andrei Fokau » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Jaakko,
At the moment boundary surfaces are displayed when there are no errors, and turned off when something is wrong to make erroneous regions more visible. Complex surfaces are composed of a number of simple ones, and the plotter sometimes displays these simple surfaces where the user do no expect them to appear, which can be confusing. I understand that it can be hard to improve due to complexity of the procedure, but I see one simple solution for those who want to get a clean picture - turn off boundary plotting. I believe it can be done as a separate misc. parameter.

In addition, it would be great to get control over the color for void (and may be errors) - at the moment it is the same as for surfaces. One can change it in plotgeometry.c (lines 89-91) but making it adjustable would probably be more flexible.

Also, it may be convenient to collect all plotter settings in one misc. parameter (set plotdata...?).
KTH Reactor Physics (Stockholm, Sweden) neutron.kth.se
Andrei Fokau

Re: Option to turn off boundary surfaces plotting

Postby Jaakko Leppänen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:22 pm

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the black surface lines that extend over the actual material boundaries:

Unfortunately removing these extensions would require the geometry routine to figure out where the boundary surfaces intersect. This is not done because it would require more computations and would probably slow down the whole tracking routine.

Switching off surface plotting completely is possible. I have pretty much completed update 1.1.13 and I'll distribute it after running a few more tests. I'll include the control block in the next update after that.
- Jaakko
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin

Return to Development