International meeting for Serpent users in September 2011

Announce any conferences, meetings, publications, etc. related to Serpent development or applications

Are you attending the planned workshop?

Yes, I will attend
36%
I will probably attend
43%
I would attend, but my institute is not covering for my travel expenses
14%
I would attend, but the timing is not good for me
7%
I would attend, but the location is not good (too far) for me
No votes

Total votes : 14

International meeting for Serpent users in September 2011

Postby Jaakko Leppänen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:33 pm

We are planning to organize an international meeting / workshop for Serpent users in September 2011. The dates have not been fixed yet, but it will take a couple of days, depending on the number of topics. Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf has kindly offered to provide the premises, so the meeting will be held in Dresden, Germany.

I would like to open this topic for discussion and planning of the meeting. First, we need to fix the dates and get a rough estimate on the number of participants. We are aiming at about 20 people, less is acceptable, more is always better. HZDR is hosting another meeting at the time, the AER symposium on VVER reactor physics and safety, so it might be a good idea to organize our meeting right before or after that (I will check the dates later).

I created the poll to get an idea on how many people are intrested in attending. I realize that there are other things going on in September, that the location may not be ideal for users outside Europe, and that many of you, who might be interested in attending, might not get the funding for their travel expenses. So even if you already know you cannot be there, please take the poll to register your opinion.

Everthing is done on zero budget, so there is no registration fee, but you'll have to cover all your own expenses. Any Serpent-related work is welcome, and I will list some of my own ideas later. I would like to see strong student participation (almost half of Serpent users are doing M.Sc or Ph.D. work), so try to convince your professor that this meeting is important for your research. ~20-minute presentations, no deadlines. No formal proceedings, but if you wish to write something, I'll be happy to disribute the documents to other users. In addition to presentations, we could have a couple of sessions on general discusson (ideas for topics welcome), tutorials, etc.

So take the poll and let me know what you think. I will return to this topic after we get some statistics...
- Jaakko
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin

Re: International meeting for Serpent users in September 2011

Postby Jaakko Leppänen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:18 pm

The AER symposium in Dresden is held 19.-23. September, so I propose we arrange our meeting either 15.-16. (thursday-friday) or 26.-27 (monday-tuesday) of September.
- Jaakko
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin

Postby Jaakko Leppänen » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:53 am

The dates for the workshop have been fixed to 15-16 September 2011 (Thursday - Friday). We are also looking into the possibility of arranging a cultural visit to nearby Prague for the following weekend.
- Jaakko
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin

The meeting website

Postby emilf » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 am

Dear all,

Below is the link to the meeting website which will provide you with a preliminary program as well as registration and accommodation information:

https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pOid=32814&pNid=1296

Best regards,
Emil
emilf

Postby belal » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi Jaaakko,

Thanks for the meeting. It was very inspiring.
I will appreciate that if we could have copies of the presentations and the group photo?

Regards,
Mo
belal

Postby Jaakko Leppänen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:34 pm

I also wish to thank all participants for a very succesful meeting. I will summarize the friday afternoon's discussion and post the discussion notes together with presentations, etc. at a website next week, after I get back to Finland.
- Jaakko
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin

Return to Events and publications