Point average interface

Questions and discussion about applications, input, output and general user topics
lorenzoloi
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 7

Point average interface

Post by lorenzoloi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:29 am

Hello to everyone,
I am imposing a simple temperature profile over the fuel using the multiphysics interface of type 1, keeping the density constant.
Using the -plot option, the output is reporting a constant color (just as the constant density). Nevertheless, in the wiki there is written that if the temperature profile has been imposed, the plot should show the temperature instead of the density. Is there any option that I have to switch on in order to see the temperature gradient?
I also tried to verify the temperature profile using the instruction "sample", and the profile is correctly set.

Sorry to bother, I have another question on the input syntax: I have not fully understood the meaning of the paramater "RAD". Do I have to set this value as the distance from the origin in which I want to impose the temperature profile?

Thank you very much
Lorenzo

Ana Jambrina

Re: Point average interface

Post by Ana Jambrina » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:33 pm

Which Serpent version are you running? I just ran a quick test with the latest version 2.1.32 and, it seems not to be any problem (note: no additional options needed).

The ‘rad’ parameter determines an exclusion radius, beyond which the points are not included in the average.
The local temperature is calculated by taking the distance-weighted average of point-wise values, and the region to evaluate can be limited by the exclusion radius. Outside the exclusion radius, the temperature is undefined. (A too small exclusion radius might lead to uncovered regions; on the contrary, a large value would require additional CPU time to compute the average).
- Ana

lorenzoloi

Re: Point average interface

Post by lorenzoloi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi Ana,
I am running 2.1.27 for plotting purposes.

Ok thanks for the 'rad' explanation, basically it determines the zone in which I need to impose the temperature.