Cross section data plotter

Questions and discussion about applications, input, output and general user topics
fabioalcaro
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 92

Cross section data plotter

Post by fabioalcaro » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi,
I am performing an infinite medium criticality calculation where I define only ONE material composed of different isotopes. Since I need a very fine spectral analysis of the system, I defined the following option that prints out the <filename>_xs0.m file.

Code: Select all

set xsplot 7000 1.0E-05 1.0E+02
I have some questions about the arrays contained in it:
(1) Does the <isotope>_mt vector contain the ENDF reaction mode MT's? If so, since all the _mt vectors of the isotopes in my calculation starts from 2, how can I get the total cross-section (MT = 1)?
(2) Among other data, I got a vector named m<matname>_tot, with 7000 rows (n° of energy bins) and 4 columns. Can you explain the meaning of those?

Just to be clear, I want to plot the material total cross section and, if possible, the isotope total cross sections, as function of the energy.
Thank you in advance.

cheers
Image Fabio

Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin
Security question 2: 0

Re: Cross section data plotter

Post by Jaakko Leppänen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

1) The isotopic cross sections include all partials, with the ENDF reaction mt's listed in the mt-vector. You can get the total cross section by summing over the partials.
2) The four columns in the material-wise cross sections are the macroscopic total, total elastic, total absorption and total fission cross sections.
- Jaakko

fabioalcaro
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 92

Re: Cross section data plotter

Post by fabioalcaro » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you
Image Fabio