Error runing Serpent for the first time after compiling and installation of data libraries

Questions and discussion about applications, input, output and general user topics
Staffan F
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 7

Error runing Serpent for the first time after compiling and installation of data libraries

Post by Staffan F » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:35 am

Hello,

When I try to run Serpent for the first time after installation on a new computer after compiling and installation of data libraries, I get the following error message:
Reading ACE directory files...

***** Tue Jun 1 23:40:50 2021:

- MPI task = 0
- OpenMP thread = 0
- RNG parent seed = 1622583650242
- Host name = DESKTOP-8HVGNN0

Fatal error in function AtoI:

Invalid integer entry "file"

Simulation aborted.

I have assed all my inputfiles but can not find any editorial errors. Can the problem be related to the compilation or installation of data libraies or is it can it be somewhere else?

Staffan Fors

Ana Jambrina
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 7

Re: Error runing Serpent for the first time after compiling and installation of data libraries

Post by Ana Jambrina » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:38 am

The error comes from ‘readdirectoryfile.c’ routine when reading the cross section directory files and building the associated ACE data structure. Have you checked the ACE-directory file? (The error points out that Serpent expects a string value that can convert into an integer but, instead, there is something else: ‘file’).
- Ana