Statistic uncertainty Keff for transients calculations

Questions and discussion about applications, input, output and general user topics
juancarlos
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 7

Statistic uncertainty Keff for transients calculations

Post by juancarlos » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Hello everyone
I am working with Serpent 2 simulating an RIA event. My goal is to get the Keff values while the control rods are extracted. I am currently working with a coupled version to get the Keff values at different times, but I have no information about statistic uncertainty for each Keff value. How can I get them?
I appreciate your comments
Regards
Juan Carlos
Last edited by juancarlos on Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ana Jambrina

Re: Statical uncertainty Keff for transients calculations

Post by Ana Jambrina » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:05 am

k-eff, as any other estimate in Serpent, has its associated relative error. The same way you transfer the actual mean value of k-eff, exchange the relative error via your interface.
- Ana

juancarlos

Re: Statistic uncertainty Keff for transients calculations

Post by juancarlos » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Ana Jambrina wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:05 am
k-eff, as any other estimate in Serpent, has its associated relative error. The same way you transfer the actual mean value of k-eff, exchange the relative error via your interface.
Dear Ana Jambrina
Thank you for your time, With you explanation I used the StdDev((long)RDB[RES_IMP_KEFF],0) to get the relative error, Now my interface is able to show this, but I have a anothe dude, can I get the same value using the standard Serpent output (I mean "output_res.m")?
Thank you.

Best regards
Juan Carlos

Ville Valtavirta
Security question 2: 92

Re: Statistic uncertainty Keff for transients calculations

Post by Ville Valtavirta » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi,

all of the result variables in <input>_res.m have their associated relative uncertainties printed out in the file. However, you will not get separate results from the different time-intervals in transient simulations.