If you go to that website and click "Issues," you will find that there are 5 going back to May 2011, none of which are closed.Site is sadly not available. We are working to restore the wiki and the downloads as soon as possible. The wiki will be available through bitbucket.org's wiki. Bugs can and should be reported at our bitbucket's project page:
https://bitbucket.org/pierrejoye/gd-libgd Thanks for your understanding,
If you click the Download tab, at the bottom, you will find a "default" commit. I tried compiling it.
My skills in C extend to "./configure; make" and not very much beyond that. My host OS is openSuSE Linux 11.4. All compilation tools were obtained from that distribution.
The documentation is deficient. Specifically:
- The documentation includes an INSTALL file, which tells the user to "./configure" and then "make install." However, the required configure and Makefile files are not present.
- There is a README.TXT file. It says the same thing as INSTALL. Incorrect.
- There are configure.ac and Makefile.am files. A web search suggests that Automake and Autoconf tools can process these files. I have tried both. The results are in the attached files. They fail.
- There is a README.CMAKE file. It gives specific instructions on how to do the CMake in a subfolder. The results are also in the attached folder. It also fails.
- At this point, I have exhausted all obvious options.
P.S.: I have tried adding a file with extension .txt .asc and no extension at all. What is allowed?