Fuel Managment in RR

Suggest new ideas here
Diego

Fuel Managment in RR

Post by Diego » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi jaakko,
I'm thinking to perform some (simple) fuel managment for small Research Reactors, were only a small number of FA are moved on each cycle.
I think that with the already implemented automatic zone division feature (set div) and restart capability (set restart) almost all work is done, but a simple scheme to shuffle the FA could be a great tool to simplify the procedure and avoid user errors.
The idea is to include a key that allows the user to change or move FA as a whole (for example allow the user to specify the compositions to be read from restart file for some materials identifyied by input).
Thanks in advance!
Diego

Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin
Security question 2: 0

Re: Fuel Managment in RR

Post by Jaakko Leppänen » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm

This is something that has been planned for a long time, and Serpent 1 is actually capable of doing some shuffling. The main problem with automated shuffling is that the masses of burnable materials are not easily preserved, if old fuel assemblies are removed from the core and replaced with new ones. This might be possible using an approach based on complete restarts, similar to what is done in the automated branch calculation. I will keep this idea in mind...
- Jaakko