2.1.16 Adjoint Weight Kinetic Parameters

Report all good and bad behavior here
jesse.johns

2.1.16 Adjoint Weight Kinetic Parameters

Post by jesse.johns » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi,

I would like to report, that with the lastest versions of Serpent 2 that the kinetic parameters are computed very well for the TRIGA core. Our measurements, from pulsing, range between 24e-6 to 27e-6 s. The code reports:

28.5e-6 for the Nauchi method.
24.9e-6 for the IRP method.
26.6e-6 for the perturbation method.

This supports the excellent agreement in the validation cases in the latest Serpent paper on the kinetic parameters.

Cheers.

orca.blu

Re: 2.1.16 Adjoint Weight Kinetic Parameters

Post by orca.blu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Good, I am trying to compare Serpent results against experimental measurement from the Triga Mark II reactor of the University of Pavia.

Jesse, did you use a fresh fuel composition or a “real” depleted one?
Did you make also direct comparisons of Rossi's alpha measurements or something else?

Thanks

manuele
Manuele Aufiero
LPSC/IN2P3/CNRS Grenoble

jesse.johns

Re: 2.1.16 Adjoint Weight Kinetic Parameters

Post by jesse.johns » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Hello,

The measurements are only for the neutron lifetime by fitting experimental data to the Fuchs-Hansen model. I believe I just reported the BOL result, but even for "current" isotopics (about 8 MWd/kg average burnup on our fuel) the results are very comparable. The isotopics are generated via Serpent and have not been validated. An assay of our fuel is planned for the summer months during maintenance.

I'll report back when I am at the facility to include a bit more information regarding the results.

Cheers.