Output parameters (list of what is missing)

User feedback and discussion on methods for group constant generation in Serpent 2
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin
Security question 2: 0

Output parameters (list of what is missing)

Post by Jaakko Leppänen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:51 pm

The list of output parameters currently covers the usual group constants, diffusion coefficients, scattering matrices, etc. The best way to complete the list is to collect all parameters that are currently not calculated in one place. So far my list includes:

- Albedos and partial albedos
- Masses of heavy elements (per unit volume)
- Detector reaction rates (could be implemented by linking a user-specified detector to group constant output)
- Time constants, inverse neutron speeds, delayed neutron fractions (included, but the methodology has limitations, as discussed in the memo)
- Isotope number densities (especially for Xe and I, but are there also others?)
- Isotope micro absorptions, fission cross sections, fission yields (these are included for Xe, I, Pm and Sm, but the methods need to be checked)

I will use this list as a guideline for my work, so let me know if something is missing or needs to be calculated in a different way. Also note that all parameters are not calculated by default. Calculation of ADF's, pin-power form factors and poison cross sections require additional input cards.
- Jaakko

topefo
Security question 1: No
Security question 2: 96

Re: Output parameters (list of what is missing)

Post by topefo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Jaakko,

It would be prudent to get the corresponding smeared isotopic number densities for those micro XSs one
gets with the "set mdep" option, preferable together in the printouts.

In many XS models of nodal core simulators, one substracts upfront the contribution from tracked isotopes
from the macro XSs, e.g. XS_free = XS - Sum_i (xs_i * N_i). This in order to obtain feedback free macro XSs
which are less sensitive to various dependencies.

Cordially,
Petri