The serpenttools python package will be undergoing a fairly substantial overhaul in the coming months leading up to version 0.10.0 (currently at 0.9.2). The primary goal of this release is to make serpentTools more like a library with generic file objects and containers detached from the parsing. To be clear,
- We do not intend to break the functionality of "serpentTools.read"
- We do not intend to remove plotting utilities
- We do not intend to remove filtering capabilities
The following release schedule is proposed
- 0.9.3 in a few weeks, with formal notices on the new development phase
- Critical bug fixes only for the master branch, with 0.9.x releases as necessary
- Work on "serpentTools.next" module, leading up to 0.10.0 following a beta and release candidate period
- 0.11.0 will move features from "serpentTools.next" into the primary API as the default classes for parsing and processing data. Importing from "serpentTools.next" will be allowed, but with deprecation notices
- 0.12.0 will remove "serpentTools.next"
Please feel free to reach out to me for discussion either on the pull request or here. We want this to be a smooth transition for all users and developers, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.