Base versions and updating

New updates are announced and discussed here
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin
Security question 2: 0

Base versions and updating

Post by Jaakko Leppänen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Serpent is a relatively new code and still under constant development. Updates containing bug fixes and new features are distributed to users by e-mail. If you are still using one of the base versions listed below, and haven't received the updates, send me e-mail and I will add you in the mailing list.

There are three base versions containing the entire source code:

Serpent 1.0.0: This was the first version of Serpent distributed to a limited number of users outside VTT in October 2008. Obsolete and not compatible with any of the later updates.

Serpent 1.1.0: The first publicly available version distributed by the OECD/NEA Data Bank between May 2009 and January 2010.

Serpent 1.1.7 Version distributed by the OECD/NEA Data Bank Since January 2010 and by RSICC since March 2010.

Users who have acquired Serpent via a bilateral license agreement with VTT have received either version 1.1.0 or 1.1.7.

To keep up with the updates, you need to have either of the base versions installed. Each new update contains the features included in the previous versions as well. Note, however, that update 1.1.8 and later need to have version 1.1.7 installed, either the base version or version 1.1.0 updated to 1.1.7.

In addition to the source code, also the data libraries have changed between the base versions. The installation package for version 1.1.7 includes unresolved resonance probability table data, omitted in the cross section libraries distributed with version 1.1.0. The new package also contains additional data based on the JEFF-3.1.1 evaluation. If you are still using the old cross section libraries, you can request the new data as a separate package from the OECD/NEA Data Bank (Package-ID NEA-1854), or send me e-mail and I will mail you the DVD.

More information on installation, updates and setting up the data libraries is found at a quick installation guide, available at the Serpent website - http://montecarlo.vtt.fi/links.htm.
- Jaakko