Update 1.1.12

New updates are announced and discussed here
Jaakko Leppänen
Site Admin
Security question 2: 0

Update 1.1.12

Post by Jaakko Leppänen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Before wrapping things up for a summer vacation, I wanted to distribute another update, mainly to fix a memory issue related to int-type pointer variables. The problem was pointed out at the discussion forum, under the users topic and it was eventually solved by changing the 32-bit variables to 64-bit long integers. The solution is pretty trivial, but it required a lot of modifications, so be cautious when using the code for problems that allocate more than 16 Gb of memory.

Other minor bug fixes include axial boundary conditions in hexprismatic surface types and the processing of rarely-used ENDF reaction law 67. The reaction is still not included in the scattering physics, but the code allows the data to be read without stopping.

Among other things, I am currently working with some fuel shuffling capabilites for burnup calculation. The routines are basically implemented, but not really tested or documented. If you think you might be interested in such capability, send me e-mail and I'll try to set up a few examples.

Update 1.1.12 was tested by running the infinite-lattice test calculations. The results are found at the website.

Unfortunately I still didn't manage to look into the random number generator issue.
- Jaakko